Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: December 2000:
[linux-help] Re: Have question about Slackware Linux 7

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Have question about Slackware Linux 7
From: Nate Bargmann <n0nb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 21:28:42 -0600

On Tue, Dec 19, 2000 at 11:13:01AM -0600, Anthony A Bogardus wrote:

> Another thing. I use Juno Web as my ISP and it only uses MS Windows but
> it only costs $9.95 MO. Is there a free or cheep ISP in Wichita that uses
> Linux. I'd like to trade my computer in for a new one but it's a Packard
> Bell Pentium one and I don't think anyone will take it.
>                               Does anyone have any ideas?

I am using Networksplus based in Manhattan as my ISP.  Their rates are
14.95/month and if you travel they do have a number of local access
points in Kansas and nation-wide.  In fact I had local access with no
additional charge from Salt Lake City when I spent a week out there last
September.  So far I've only had two major service interruptions and
they were resolved quite quickly.  One nice feature they offer is the
ability to check your email through their web site, which is handy if
you're caught with out a way to dial in and get it via POP3.

Oh yeah, set your box for PAP authentication and Networksplus works like
a charm with Linux.

- Nate >>

--
 Wireless | Amateur Radio Station N0NB          | "None can love freedom
 Internet | n0nb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx               | heartily, but good