Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: December 2000:
[linux-help] Re: I forgot to mention.

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: I forgot to mention.
From: Nate Bargmann <n0nb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 21:21:06 -0600

On Tue, Dec 19, 2000 at 01:05:04PM -0600, Jesse Kaufman wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Dec 2000, Steven Saner wrote:
>
> > Well, I am one of the few (only?) ACLUG members that thinks Slackware
> > is superior to all other Linux distributions (slightly exaggerated
> > statement designed to ruffle some feathers :-). So, I can probably
>
> well, after being a jonathon hall-debian-convert, i decided to switch to
> slack a while back (thanks to someone w/ the initals SS! : ^ ) ...
> haven't looked back since...  i love having complete and utter control!
> muahaahaahaa  : ^ )

Hmmm, and I went the other way, from Slack to Debian and I absolutely
love the packaging system and Debian has it all over Slack with regard
to group permissions.  Of course, I had a heavily hacked Slack '96
system on my desktop machine until about a year wgo hen it had some Y2K
issue with sendmail (sendmail quit sending) after mid-January 2000.
Now running Potato on two boxes and haven't looked back!

I'm sure Slack 7 is much improved over Slack '96, but I ran that Slack
box over 3 years with no complaints.  I updated XFree, libc (that was
hairy!) and a bunch of other stuff in that time, but it was really time
to move on to a glibc 2.1 system and kernel 2.2.x.

Ain't Linux distributions great?

- Nate >>

--
 Wireless | Amateur Radio Station N0NB          | "None can love freedom
 Internet | n0nb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx               | heartily, but good