Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: June 2000:
[linux-help] Re: netcfg errors out

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: netcfg errors out
From: Bruce Bales <bbales@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 22:30:52 -0500

> Is it possible that you have an IRQ conflict or something like that preventing
> yoru hardware from actually working? Things like that can confuse the software
> issue you may thing you're having.

When I do Cat proc/interrupts, there is no listing for IRQ 12.  When I do cat
proc/pci, it
shows both the VGA controller and the eth1 at IRQ 12.  How can I change the IRQ
for the
eth1 board.  It is a netgear FA310TX rev-D2 using the tulip driver - no
jumpers, of course.
The eth0 card (isa) is at IRQ 11.

dmesg shows the following:
eth1: Lite-On 82c168 PNIC at 0x6000, 00 a0 cc 5c ab 35, IRQ 12.
eth1:  MII transceiver found at MDIO address 1, config 3000 status 7829.
eth1:  Advertising 01e1 on PHY 1, previously advertising 01e1.
cat uses obsolete /proc/pci interface

bruce