Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: May 2000:
[linux-help] Re: configuring window manager Fvwm95

To: <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Re: configuring window manager Fvwm95
From: "drbert" <drbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 10:26:56 -0500

put a .xsession file in your home directory

edit the last line of the file to the preferred window manager

i'm using the icewm, so i've got
exec gnome-session
on the last line of the .xsession file in my home directory

the .bashrc file how-to provides some info on how to do this the way you
want
and the debian distribution i'm running now has an example under

/usr/doc/xfree86-common/examples

good luck!!