Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: May 2000:
[linux-help] I want your idea.

To: bristol <bristol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, linux-help <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>, tlug <tlug@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] I want your idea.
From: Wang Min <wangmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 16:58:8 +0800

Dear all,

My question is, our department will product a set-top that can record analog
signal TV program, at first, for some reason we test it by making a PCI-bus
card that has MPEG-1 encoder(winbond 99200F) on it on a intel-based PC, and the
operating system is the MS win98, everything is fine with it and now we are
going to make a real set-top, we also will provide internet browsing and Email
function on the product, I really need you suggestion about the hardware and
software solution, as a matter of fact, we hated MS-win and we are going to
move the system to Linux, but we have to make the MPEG-1 chip drived on
Linux,that is, we have to re-write the Mpeg-1 encoder driver which is really
hard for us.
I really appreciate your time.

Wang

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Wang Min
New Product Development Department
Beijing Highly Software Industry Co.,Ltd. http://www.highly.com.cn
E-Mail: wmin@xxxxxxxxxxx
Address: Gao Li 2000 Building, four floor,
         Shang Di Wu Street #5
         Shang Di Information Base
         Beijing,P.R.C.
ZIP Code: 100085