Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: May 2000:
[linux-help] Re: Antispam.

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Antispam.
From: Steven Saner <ssaner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 09:07:20 -0500

I don't think there is any good way of doing this. One thing you can
do is use the access_db feature in sendmail. Then create an access.db
that includes the domains of those IP addresses that you want to allow
to relay mail. Or with sendmail 8.10 you can now use tcp
wrappers. Keep in mind, however, that anyone with a dialup connection
in that domain could use your server as a relay. This is a good way to
get on the RSS or RBL list (not a good thing).

Unless your people have static IP addresses, such that you can allow
relaying only from those addresses, you should not do this. Rather,
they should use the SMTP server of their local ISP to relay
mail. Another option would be to have your people establish a PPTP/SSH
or other secure tunnel to your network. Then you could allow mail
relaying through that.