Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: May 2000:
[linux-help] Re: [bristol] Antispam.

To: bristol <bristol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: linux-help <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>, tlug <tlug@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Re: [bristol] Antispam.
From: Andy Smith <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 09:12:49 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 9 May 2000, Wang Min wrote:

> Hi,all,
>
> My system is mandrake air 7.0 with postfix/sendmail running, we have offices
> all around the country and the world as well, so they dial different ISPs and
> we can't determine their dynamic IPs, most of them use the Mandrake box as
> the SMTP server, how I can prevent my system from being spammed? One way I
> can make out is to judge the FROM: field which is not a good idea actually.

If the other offices (and your own) connect to the net via different ISPs
on dynamic IP addresses then jsut set up each office to use their own
ISP's outgoing mail server.  Configure the mail server on the office's own
network to not allow any relaying.

--
Andy Smith <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Griff@Xnet
http://www.haven.Xnet.org

<Matt> griff : you want two free 15 monitors ?
<Griff> yes please
<Matt> well not free. i'll exchange them for a beer