Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: May 2000:
[linux-help] Re: configuring window manager Fvwm95

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: configuring window manager Fvwm95
From: j m wagle <jmwagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 20:28:19 -0500

drbert wrote:

> creating an X server/client is a bit science and a bit art
> and probably a little voodoo if you're using they're card.
>
> there's more than one way to do it -- that's a consensus.
>
> don't think of it being limited, like M$, to desktop themes.

<snip>

thanks to everyone who helped.....  I learned a lot, I converted my
RedHat delivered system using AnotherLevel, fvwm, and other with the
IceWM suggested here (and elsewhere).. I am a believer.. This window
manager is what I like about Linux..  Straight forward and simple enough
for a guy like me :-)

Thanks again and if you haven't tried it check out:
http://icewm.sourceforge.net/
it gets my vote for 'favorite wm'.

till next time,
mike wagle