[gopher] Re: Item Type Suggestions

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Item Type Suggestions
From: nunojsilva@xxxxxxxxxx (Nuno J. Silva)
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2008 20:31:06 +0100

Jason Nemrow <jnemrow@xxxxxxx> writes:

> [...]

<snip/>
>>  I would support a variation where we'd write off gopher+ as the
>> complete failure it is, and just stick mime fields at the end of the
>> menu records.
>
> Yes, my first thought is that just adding mime to the end of the menu entit=
> y would do the job simply and easily and, dare I say, gopherly.  What do ot=
> her think of Mate's idea?

What about two tabs (no plus) to say 'no gopher+ data'? That way we
could still allow gopher+ to be used, and the mime data would be after
the gopher+ field.

A menu item would be something like:

([ .. ] = .. is optional)

<snip/>
--
Nuno J. Silva (aka njsg)
LEIC student at Instituto Superior Técnico

-=-=-
A computer is like an air conditioner, it stops working when you open
Windows.