[gopher] Re: Item Type Suggestions

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Item Type Suggestions
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 17:59:17 -0700 (PDT)

> Cameron,
> Since you have access to an Alpha Server, can you please test (and write a
> review for) the GSAPLHA Gopher Server?

It's not an DEC Alpha server, it's an Alpha Micro server. This is a
68000-based quasi-mini architecture running AMOS. I'm not aware of a gopher
client for it, but incredibly it does have a web server. If you want to
see what it does, I do have it connected to my firewall.

        http://ampm.floodgap.com/

I could probably write a Gopher client in AlphaBASIC but I think that
would have an even smaller audience than one for the C64 :) Also, I don't
think I have TAME installed in the machine for the BASIC calls.

  Cameron Kaiser * Floodgap Systems * www.floodgap.com * ckaiser@xxxxxxxxxxxx
-- Well done is better than well said. -- Benjamin Franklin -------------------