[gopher] Re: Item Type Suggestions

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Item Type Suggestions
From: nunojsilva@xxxxxxxxxx (Nuno J. Silva)
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 01:24:13 +0100

Mate Nagy <k-zed@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hulloh,
>> A possible workaround: get the parent menu (using the same method I
>> mentioned before - I don't remember anything stating the selectors are
>> supposed to be built with a slash between each directory name, I need to
>> read the rfc again (even if gopher is supposed to be hierarchical, what
>> prevents some server from using dots instead of slashes for directory
>> separators?)), check the mime-type (for the mime-in-the-menu approach),
>> or check if the entry has gopher+ data (then retrieve such data).
>
>  Exactly - you can't rely on '/' being the separator, or that the last
> section cut off yields the valid parent dir, or even that there are
> directories.

And here goes an example against the method I suggested.

An url pointing at a jumpjet resource:

gopher://VE131.jumpjet.info/99%5cCEM%5cDisaster%3dAir%5cAre_You_Ready-Hurricane.pdf

<snip/>
--
Nuno J. Silva (aka njsg)
LEIC student at Instituto Superior Técnico

-=-=-
``Is there any way I can help without actually getting involved?''
 -- Jennifer, WKRP