Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: August 2005:
[Freeciv] Re: siege

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: siege
From: "Jonadab the Unsightly One" <jonadab@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 10 Aug 2005 12:08:34 -0400

Sam Steingold <sds@xxxxxxx> writes:

> for each tile and player, define "tile availability" to be a number
> from 0 to 1, and use it to determine the actual benefit derived from
> working the tile by multiplying it by the nominal benefit (food,
> trade &c) and rounding appropriately.
>
> tile availability is defined as follows:

[by an O(n^2) algorithm if I understand it correctly, where n is the
number of units that can reach any of the city's tiles in one turn,
which with railroads could easily be dozens of units, potentially
thousands on a large map]

That might have an adverse impact on performance, since it has to be
calculated each turn for each city.