Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: August 2005:
[Freeciv] Re: siege

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: siege
From: Sam Steingold <sds@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 15:33:34 -0400

> * Gaël Le Mignot <xvyboht-3fXygJ3uBMcJw0RMo7eKpN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> [2005-08-12 21:04:08 +0200]:
>
> I think we could ignore roads/rails for such computation; it makes no
> sense to have a unit at the other side of the world able to prevent a
> production just because it could move there. The workers of the city
> probably don't even know the units does exist.

How about this: to be considered, the enemy unit must be "visible" from
the city in question - so that the workers in that city will know about
it and fear it - thus reducing production.

i.e., it must be located outside of a city on one of the squares
workable from the city.

<http://truepeace.org> <http://www.openvotingconsortium.org/>
<http://www.jihadwatch.org/> <http://ffii.org/> <http://www.iris.org.il>
Live free or die.