Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: October 2003:
[Freeciv] Re: new ranking calculation

To: Mike Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Horn Gábor <Horn.Gabor@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: new ranking calculation
From: Thomas Strub <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 15:25:59 +0200

On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 08:05:46AM -0500, Mike Kaufman wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 10:14:17AM +0000, Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> >

> A counting of civ population might be a better indicator. Something like
> MAX(population during game) - pop at end of game. lower is better.

It doesn't matter what we count to get the winner of the game. People
will look to be #1 in that stat to win.

> Above all, with endyear a problem, ranking should definitely be changed
> so that a score cannot be easily [arbitrarily] raised in a single turn.

Games should be ended another way in close situations.
People should then say who is the winner (vote or something)

Thomas
--
Thomas Strub  ***  eMail ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
jb: people are stupid, they don't want to learn.