Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: October 2003:
[Freeciv] Re: new ranking calculation

To: Paul Zastoupil <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: new ranking calculation
From: Horn Gábor <Horn.Gabor@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 22:54:22 +0200

What would u call a game when there are 7 people and 3 of them allied,
and one of them makes another ally w/ a 4th people, and 1 leaves erly
and the other two fights alone? It cannot be described as team. So i
think we should aim to find a formula which works under as much
conditions as possible.

I don't think we need another formula for teams or duels, that's just a
simpler subcase of a general game. If the formula is good, and
appropriate for mixed games, it should be good for other games too.
Regardless of this we can make differnet ladders of course. But that
leads to other areas, as map generator, etc i'm affraid.