Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: October 2003:
[Freeciv] Re: new ranking calculation

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Horn Gábor <Horn.Gabor@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: new ranking calculation
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 20:47:40 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003, Paul Zastoupil wrote:
> If they form an alliance, doesn't that make it no longer FFA? Isn't
> that determination up to us?

Yes, I think ffa (free for all) means no cooperation at all.

But we still have the problem of normal (mixed?) games, which are neither
ffa nor team nor duel.

In fact, I can see four different kinds of games/rankings:
 o team (registered teams only)
 o duel (two registered players only)
 o ffa (no diplomacy allowed)
 o normal (no limitations)

Oh, and while we're thinking about this, let me throw in another problem:
Alliances between humans and AIs... how would they figure into the
calculations?

  - Per

PS We now have (in cvs):

> help diplomacy
Option: diplomacy  -  The ability to do diplomacy with other players
  If set to 0 (default), diplomacy is enabled for all.
  If set to 1, diplomacy is only allowed between human players.
  If set to 2, diplomacy is only allowed between AI players.
  If set to 3, diplomacy is disabled for all.
  You can always do diplomacy with players on your team.
Value: 0, Minimum: 0, Default: 0, Maximum: 3