Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: June 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: help!

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: help!
From: Kero van Gelder <kero@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 23:49:38 +0200

> The problem with installing things on Solaris systems is when they
> become difficult if the user doesn't have root.  I remember trying for
> a couple of days to install libXpm on this Solaris system without
> success, but with root access it'd be straightforward.  I've never
> configured configure though, so I don't know if it gets round such
> problems.

A friend of mine solved that by walking around with a bootable CD-ROM :-)

[snip]
> I just mean that .xpm isn't a particularly difficult file format and
> that it could be done manually.  Note: I'm not actually suggesting
> this, because I don't know that many people have a problem with
> libXpm, and it would take a non-trivial amount of time to do.

I have libXpm on HP-UX, installed myself. No problems, as far as I
recall. Of course it is under ~/lib, not in /usr/lib or /lib

Referring back to the Xaw problem, I'm not entirely sure I passed the
local lib-path to configure (though ~/etc/site.config should do that
automatically). I'll look it up.

|  Don't split your mentality without thinking twice       |
|                          Proud like a God -- Guano Apes  |
+--- M38c ------------------ http://huizen.dds.nl/~kero ---+