Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: June 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: connecting to a game

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: simopmb@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: connecting to a game
From: "Karl-Ingo Friese" <kif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 20:11:35 +0000

> There is nothing that I know of which would prevent you from connecting
> from different IP addresses.  All you need is to connect with the same user
> name, as entered in the Connect dialog.  I just tested it here, and there's
> no problem.
>
> jjm

In fact this is absolutely possible.

> >Thinking of dinamic IP's on the internet it seems strange to me that such
> >possibility (connecting to a game with different IP's each time) isn't
> >implemented.

Indeed it is the other way. Right now it can happen that you play
via freecivs metaserver on the internet and loose your link. During
that time, everyone can connect under your name so that you can not
continue the game - so if there is something to complain, then only
that there is no server option to "lock" one player if _not_ from
the same i.p./ (full orsubdomain).

What is the exact error message when your connect fails, Simone ?

Ingo