Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: June 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: help!

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: help!
From: Kero van Gelder <kero@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 20:09:30 +0200

> >> To avoid installing those NB's you could jut use the XAW client, ie when
> >> you configure do
> >>
> >> ./configure --with-xaw
> >
> >Then why didn't configure come to that conclusion when it did not find
> >ImLib?
>
> It should have.  What arguments did you give to ./configure?  What does
> your ./configure output look like in the GTK area?  Mine looks like:
>
>   checking for which client to compile:
>   checking for gtk-config... /usr/local/bin/gtk-config
>   checking for GTK - version >= 1.2.1... yes
>   checking for imlib-config... /usr/local/bin/imlib-config
>   checking for IMLIB - version >= 1.9.2... yes

On top of my head (log is at my work),
1) `configure --prefix=$HOME`
2) gtk detected,
3) ImLib _not_ detected,
4) configure kept running and finished with "no clients found" or
   something closeby, meaning that there were no usable gui sets
   found.

> when I run ./configure without any arguments.
>
> >NB: (I keep NB-ing) what is XAW anyway?
>
> X's Athena Widget library.

Ah, of course. No Athena on the HP system perhaps? I have no idea,
will check.

> >NB2: why didn't --with-x work? Or shouldn't it?
>
> --with-x simply means to use X, as opposed to some other window system.

I figured as much. OK.

|  Don't split your mentality without thinking twice       |
|                          Proud like a God -- Guano Apes  |
+--- M38c ------------------ http://huizen.dds.nl/~kero ---+