Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: February 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: lighthouse-wonder

To: Freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: lighthouse-wonder
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 12:07:49 -0500

    Sean> (Another idea -- allow the lighthouse to be built inland, but if it
is,
    Sean> it doesn't give any benefits for sea units.  Of course, it would be
    Sean> utterly stupid to build it inland in this case, but if the player
    Sean> wants to be stupid, I don't think the game should stop him from doing
    Sean> so.  :)

  It isn't so stupid actually. It prevents someone else from building it.
If you had a very large continent and and the enemy was far away on a small
continent, and you could build it very quickly inland, then you could prevent
your enemy from reaching you until they get something more seaworthy...

    Sean> On a semi-related note:  Why can you irrigate from the sea?  Salt
water
    Sean> most definitely does _not_ make plants grow!

  True. And why can't I "irrigate" the *sea* --- fish are sure easier to
catch if I put a big fench around them.

  BTW: a hydro plant should have a downstream negative effect on fish
production!

   :!mcr!:            |  Cow#1: Are you worried about getting Mad Cow Disease?
   Michael Richardson |  Cow#2: No. I'm a duck.
 Home: <A
HREF="http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/People/Michael_Richardson/Bio.html";>mcr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</A>.
 PGP key available.