Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: February 2000:
[Freeciv] Freeciv goals

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Freeciv goals
From: "Mike Jing" <miky40@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 14:07:02 EST

From: Tobias Brox <tobiasb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 11:06:09 +0100 (MET)

Personally I dislike the Civ2 compatibility goal, but since it's that
important to somebody, I'm absolutely in favor of splitting it up >into a Civ2 mode and a Freeciv mode.

I assume that would have to happen once we reach 2.0? At the moment there are still a few important features missing, such as true diplomacy and the senate (what else in Civ2 that Freeciv still doesn't have? Fundamentalism, a couple of missing units, and wonder effects should be easily adjusted in the further generalized rulesets.). I think once we have that, we can declare that it is 99% Civ2 compatible and move on to adding new features. In that sense, Civ2 compatability is still a valuable and viable goal.

Mike