Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: February 2000:
[Freeciv] Suggestion and request for review

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Suggestion and request for review
From: Joe Wright <jmwright@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 23:12:06 -0600

Hi!  I have written an article (information + review) about Freeciv
which will be published on the web later this week.  Would you be
interested in previewing this article to make certain that I haven't
made any obvious errors in talking about the game?  I have been as
thorough and as careful as possible while reading and writing about
Freeciv, but I would hate to publish a glaring mistake.  If you'd like
to preview, you can find the article at my own site:
http://home.rnc.net/~jmwright/writings/qr2.html

Second, my suggestion: while researching Freeciv I read through the
online FAQ and was quite surprised to find some language I didn't
expect, specifically the F word.  Although it was meant as a quote from
clueless Windows users (and I know how frustrating they can be), I
thought that it was still inappropriate for your site.  The Freeciv site
is quite professional and inviting; I'm certain that you mean it to be
accessible to all.  This language unfortunately mars the site and could
really turn people off.  You might want to reconsider it.

Finally, thanks for a great game.  I personally have spent far too much
time on it, and a co-worker has spent far more.  It's better than the
original Civ games and keeps improving.  Great job!

Joe Wright