Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-java: January 1999:
Re: [FreeCiv-Java] Re: Dia / UML

To: freeciv-java@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FreeCiv-Java] Re: Dia / UML
From: Sebastian Fischmeister <sfischme@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 20:16:28 +0100

I considered these points, when I worked on other projects, so I am
quite sure that you will be happy with my answers:

>  1. Does it generate JFC/Swing code?

Yes.

>  2. Is the generated code readable and maintainable without using
>     such a GUI tool?

Yes. Its the way I suggest, and the way I worked with it. You generate
the GUI. Save the source and from that point on you use the source and
no more the editor.

>  3. Is the code "good" code?  Ie, does it use gridbag layouts instead
>     of putting things at particular pixel points?

Yes. All features included, all layouts included. Easy drag and
drop. On the fly presentation etc...

>  4. Is it written in pure Java code?

Yes.

>  5. Is the generated code completely unencumbered?  (Meaning, can
>     it be released under a GPL license.)  A hint here is just
>     what they mean by non-commercial use; different vendors have
>     different takes on it.

Well. You cannot determine if its generated with the editor, because
you have a clear and clean source-file - nevertheless I just know, it
is free for non-commercial use.

Regards,
  -Sebastian