Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#19049) Problematic/buggy strings.

To: sini.ruohomaa@xxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#19049) Problematic/buggy strings.
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 23:39:50 -0700

On Tue, 1 Aug 2006, Marko Lindqvist wrote:
> How much we are ready to sacrifice in order to get better translations.

The better question is, how much can we simplify to make better
translations easier? There are some places were we torture even the
English language to provide some information that could be better
presented in other ways, even for English speakers (readers).

I know I am guilty of a particularly bad piece, the government helptext. I
should fix that soon by reverting back to the way it was before, with
static helptexts.

   - Per