Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13845) Increasing the appeal of very large cities

To: osyluth@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13845) Increasing the appeal of very large cities
From: "Benoit Hudson" <benoit.hudson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 18:08:30 -0700

> Behemoth cities happen in real life; why should
> freeciv prevent some cities from being 10x the size of
> others? I agree though that if you start giving bonus
> food to large cities, matters could get out of hand.

My point was that under the proposed settings and default ruleset, a city of
size 40 with 1 extra food grows without bound. In 100 turns of rapture under
democracy, it would become a city of size 140. This is a problem that
compounds with non-default rulesets and is easily avoided by just not giving
a food bonus.

-- Benoît