Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13511) Odd Addition Bug

To: whraven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13511) Odd Addition Bug
From: "Mateusz Stefek" <mstefek@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 13:33:16 -0700

Dnia 2005-07-21 22:16:16, White Raven napisał(a):

> I move the worker to Grassland/resources, which is reported via
> mouse-click as 2/1/0, and it is reported in the city dialog with the
> worker as 2/1/0, so it's not subtracted there.  Or does despotism only
> subtract from particular square productions rather than total?

if food > 2 then the food is decreased by 1.

It's documented, but somehow players don't get it.
We have many bugreports like this.
IMO such complicated rule in the early game phase can scary new users
and in our particular case makes the false impression that the game is
buggy "as every Linux game".
More sophisticated rules should be introduced while the player develops
his civilization.
--
mateusz

Najlepszy serwis MOTO w Polsce! >>> http://link.interia.pl/f18a8