Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13511) Odd Addition Bug

To: whraven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13511) Odd Addition Bug
From: "Peter Schaefer" <peter.schaefer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 10:55:38 -0700

um, may I report that there is a bug which makes despotism have less
trade than is to be expected? You should get 2 per roads, not one.

And you might as well remove monarchy as a government, because there
is no reason left  any more to choose monarchy over despotism if the
food bonus is gone.

Now, to get back to be more constructive, one could simply state the
rules the other way around and declare non-despotism to have an effect
like +1 food/mining on some tiles, but lower the default food output
of these tiles given in the rules.

Or one could simply make the default game start with all players being
monarch and have monarchy as initial tech.