Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12706) Events framework

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12706) Events framework
From: "Guest" <rt-guest@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 09:02:13 -0700

> [per - Tue May 24 07:44:00 2005]:
>
> On Mon, 23 May 2005, Guest wrote:
> > This construction looks somewhat strange:
> > etc...
>
> This stuff is outdated and thrown away in favour of events coded in Lua.
>
>   - Per

Also, it's a pitty you deleted my message on Events:talk without looking
at it. It went as far as given a possible ruleset implementation for
handling Huts. (including special events that could easily be added, and
a thing like "id"="choice" where you would specify how much chance any
of the options had of occurring.) I don't suppose you could 'fish it
back' and put it here (instead of the preliminary version, which is the
text you commented on.)

I think a script language should be powerful under the hood, and
extremely simple to use (lua isn't, c isn't, the current ruleset system
(2.0.1) just barely is.) I've made very complicated buildings, and
planning to change the mod I'm making so that buildings improve terrain
rendability. (thus everything produces less, and if you want lots of
resources, you need to build lots of buildings.) Now, I'm not sure I'll
be able to continue the project (I was hoping that, the other rulesets
gaining 'effect' abilities, would allow me to make power far more
correlated with quality/size/investement put into the city.) If I have
to script Lua, I might as well give up.