Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12833) Re: (PR#12844) Re: consider_settler_action

To: bdunstan149@xxxxxxxxx, marcel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12833) Re: (PR#12844) Re: consider_settler_action simplification
From: "Peter Schaefer" <peter.schaefer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 05:32:16 -0700

On 4/29/05, (Eddie Anderson) <saywhat@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> "Marcel Edward Verhagen" <marcel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>     Any suggestions for a tech pre-req for the windmill building?
> And what about maintenance costs?  Should you still have to pay
> maintenance (e.g. gold per turn) for harbors?  How about maintenance
> costs for windmills, roads, railroads, mines, irrigation?  I'm just
> asking because I haven't thought about these issues in that way
> before now.

Well, since you ask, how about Construction and The Wheel? You could
then simply make Engineering a prerequisite for windmills, and allow
windmills to be built inside the same cities as harbours. Maintenance
might be 1 gold, might give 1 shield, cost maybe 30.

I realize you talking about a new terrain improvement, but the above
is easy to do by editing rulesets :)