Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10091) Game balance adjustment

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10091) Game balance adjustment
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 07:49:51 -0700

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004, Mateusz Stefek wrote:
> 2) The second strategy was something like nowadays largepox - few big
> cities supported with settlers from smaller cities.

Oh, that. I think this feature should be removed. Otherwise a smallpoxer
can too easily offset the disadvantages of his strategy by building a
smaller number big cities faster than a largepoxer can. Then you can do
anything with smallpox that you could do with largepox and also gain the
smallpox advantage.

> It is possible to play largepox, but it's very complicated.

Why is it more complicated? Is it less fun? More micromanagement?

> I could beat smallpoxer with the strategy I used if the fight begins
> after 500AD.

What would be needed to defend until that time from an assault by a
smallpoxer?

  - Per