Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8627) best overview for iso-maps

To: mburda@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8627) best overview for iso-maps
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 21:37:39 -0700

Marcelo Burda wrote:

> This is the cliped version where we cut off half tile left and right when no
> wraps,
>  Finaly i am very happy about this option!!

One final change I want.  In several places you hard code

    tile_width = topo_has_flag(TF_ISO) ? 2 : 1

can you put this into map.h as well:

   #define NATURAL_TILE_WIDTH (topo_has_flag(TF_ISO) ? 2 : 1)
   #define NATURAL_TILE_HEIGHT 1

and use NATURAL_TILE_HEIGHT in the same places you use NATURAL_TILE_WIDTH.

(With hex tiles TF_ISO means something slightly different, so this check
will change.)

Also I'd like to do some renaming.

- For globally visible things we should call them "natural" and "native"
not "ntl" and "nat".  So

   NAT_WIDTH => NATIVE_WIDTH
   NTL_WIDTH => NATURAL_WIDTH
   map_to_ntl_pos => map_to_natural_pos
   do_in_ntl_pos => do_in_natural_pos

- "gui" positions now have a different meaning.  Can you rename the
"gui_x" and "gui_y" variables that are used by the overview?  Perhaps
"ovr_x" and "ovr_y".

jason