Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8627) best overview for iso-maps

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8627) best overview for iso-maps
From: "Marcelo Burda" <mburda@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 12:00:11 -0700

Le jeu 06/05/2004 à 18:56, Jason Short a écrit :

> I'm still not convinced that this is the way to do it (although I agree
> the current method is bad; this may be a good temporary way to improve it).
I a make it as temprary best one. not realy The Best one!
i am not able to make a good proposal abiout it
My best idea is to make mini tiles 4x4 pixels whit a mask
0110
1111
1111
0110
diff terrains types can painted in diff colors
over it we can put the unist as micro tiles of 2x2
but this force minimum overview size to be map.xsize*4 +2 pt.
for a size 10 ratio 1:1 map this is 402 pt

probably the best solution is to make a colapsable overview, or a
zoomable one (2 levels) for biger maps.

> However there are still some problems:
>
> - Your patch is out of date.
? cvs version no compile today in my pc
/home/mburda/Documents/src/freeciv/ai/advmilitary.c:1332: référence
indéfinie vers « ai_hunter_choice » etc
the i am still working on a snap shot of the Apt-29
> - What is the purpose of the packhand.c changes?  I don't think those
> should be in there.
Yes you are right but the original code are there, i make a temporary
patch not a complete new one and i am patchig the code there where it
is!, yes that is not the best way to be done!!
i get long time to find it in packhand.c   !!!!
> - There are problems with iso-maps that don't have TF_WRAPX (topos 4 and
> 6).  The problems come because the left and right side of the map are
> actually zig-zags on the overview.  However obviously the overview can't
> draw it like that.  The result is that the left side is drawn zig-zag
> with some colors uninitialized.  The right side is OVERVIEW_TILE_WIDTH /
> 2 pixels too small (the overview width isn't enough, it should be
> map.xsize * OVERVIEW_TILE_WIDTH + OVERVIEW_TILE_WIDTH / 2) and so the
> zig-zag is clipped off.
Oops, I am sorry, my code on ExtendedTopologie is fondamentaly different
and when stracting and adapting it i missed to test it with out wraping
X. wraping is hardcoded, i ll correct it

--