Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#8627) best overview for iso-maps

To: mburda@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#8627) best overview for iso-maps
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 09:56:43 -0700

I'm still not convinced that this is the way to do it (although I agree
the current method is bad; this may be a good temporary way to improve it).

However there are still some problems:

- Your patch is out of date.
- What is the purpose of the packhand.c changes?  I don't think those
should be in there.
- There are problems with iso-maps that don't have TF_WRAPX (topos 4 and
6).  The problems come because the left and right side of the map are
actually zig-zags on the overview.  However obviously the overview can't
draw it like that.  The result is that the left side is drawn zig-zag
with some colors uninitialized.  The right side is OVERVIEW_TILE_WIDTH /
2 pixels too small (the overview width isn't enough, it should be
map.xsize * OVERVIEW_TILE_WIDTH + OVERVIEW_TILE_WIDTH / 2) and so the
zig-zag is clipped off.

jason