Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8632) Easy way to set map size with auto ratios (s

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8632) Easy way to set map size with auto ratios (seteables if desired)
From: "Marcelo Burda" <mburda@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 14:56:59 -0700

Le mer 05/05/2004 à 23:41, Jason Short a écrit :

> Marcelo Burda wrote:
>
> > I understand it, for players i think as you,
> > but scenario makesr are not players! news scenario as
> > europe-200x100-v2.sav will no more posibles if we not alow to set a
> > ratio. and there is important to make good choice of size. then the
> > ratio test need to be done.
>
> No, scenarios are treated as savegames, and savegames must store only
> map.xsize/map.ysize.
Yes, and for compatibility with old ones i keep it,
Why calculate the xsize and ysize? we need a code to calculate good
[xy]size. witout it scenario make need to make it itself !
if we no keep the option of ratios, civworld developers can make a bad
choice! and alow senario makers to set directrly [xy]size.