Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8632) Easy way to set map size with auto ratios (s

To: mburda@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8632) Easy way to set map size with auto ratios (seteables if desired)
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 01:10:33 -0700

Marcelo Burda wrote:

> i think you no like ratio option for users, as me.
> i can move it to internals and rename it as force_ratio to be available
> when needed but not to normal users
> if you no like it we can delete this option from server but i am no so
> happy about it.

Actually I don't think I mind it so much.  As long as its well
documented players won't use it much, I think.

However...in the conndlg the player gets a popup showing all options.
The ratio probably shouldn't be shown here.

There were a lot of things I didn't like about the implementation,
though.  I'll try to take a look at it tomorrow.

jason