Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: New alliances v3 (PR#8394)

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: New alliances v3 (PR#8394)
From: "Mateusz Stefek" <mstefek@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 22:17:20 -0700

On 2004-04-18 23:28:17, Per I. Mathisen wrote:

>   - you lose reputation if you are kicked out of an alliance; this
> also
>     may seem odd, but I think it is correct

It is acceptable only when there are more than two players in the
alliance!

player_join_team() should take another argument: reputation_loss.
handle_team_remove_player() should check if there is someone else in
the alliance and if so call player_join_team() with reputation_loss =
REPUTATION_LOSS_BOOTED

REPUTATION_LOSS_BOOTED < REPUTATION_LOSS_ALLIANCE

If there was no reason to cancel team leader should lose some
reputation. REPUTATION_LOSS_REMOVE_ALLY < REPUTATION_LOSS_BOOTED
--
mateusz