Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: New alliances (PR#8394)

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: New alliances (PR#8394)
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 14:29:32 -0700

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004, andrearo@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> When in alliance with an AI player, I try to establish the Pact called
> "Team". The AI accepts, but when I click "Accept treaty" nothing happens,
> even though it sais "The parties resume the search pool" in Clauses.
> The Team pact only shows up in the Pact-menu after I'm allied with the
> player. Something doesn't seem right...
>
> When I'm the only player in my alliance, creating a new alliance reduces
> my reputation. Maybe you shoudn't be allowed to reduce your repuation if
> you gain nothing from it.
>
> Every alliance's name starts with "Pax". Maybe some alternatives,
> like "Treaty of Versailles" (named after city) or "Monroe Doctrine" (named
> after president), or something..

Thanks for testing.

I have not tested the team research feature with the patch myself yet. It
is supposed to be disabled unless you have started the game in "team_mode"
(you get 'team mode' if you made teams in pregame; this is a little
confusing, admittedly... but we cannot allow team research by default in
normal games, it is too powerful).

Yes, you should not lose reputation if you leave an alliance with only
yourself in it. Will change.

The AIs call their alliances "Pax <nation>", you can call your own
alliance whatever you want. We might put an AI/human default treaty name
in nation.ruleset. That would be cool.

  - Per