Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8455) Bombardment

To: use_less@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8455) Bombardment
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 17:00:27 -0700

On Wed, 7 Apr 2004, James Canete wrote:
> New version.
>
> Changes:
> -Removed the requirement for full movement points before bombardment.
> -Fixed a bug where you could only destroy air units outside of a
> city/airbase (oops :)

I have playtested this a bit. It seemed to work well, however, one issue
arose:

Having to bombard multiple times each turn with a unit gets annoying.  It
should bombard all its moves in one quick step. This (using all moves to
bombard) should probably replace the bombard_rate concept, since it does
pretty much the same.

Related, since we can bombard so many times each turn, we gain veterancy
extremely quickly. We should only get one veterancy check each turn as
for normal attacks.

  - Per