Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8455) Bombardment

To: use_less@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8455) Bombardment
From: "rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 13:25:26 -0700

Something is seriously out-of-whack. I think one should step back
and ask what one should be doing here, as opposed to how to do it
in all cases.

Bombard rules should *only* apply to specific unit types like
catapult, cannon, howitzer, bomber.

Normal rules should apply to all others. A fighter should never
bombard.

Not really clear if there are units that should have both options.

Rules like, bombard occurs only once per turn exhausting all
movement points, and/or requiring full movement points, would
make it compatible with various Paycivs. Options to relax this
as below *could* be optional, aka dropped, for first implementation.

Cheers,
RossW
=====