Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8455) Bombardment (aka ranged attack)

To: use_less@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8455) Bombardment (aka ranged attack)
From: "rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 03:43:20 -0700

Per I. Mathisen wrote:

> On Sun, 4 Apr 2004, James Canete wrote:

[...]
> Please reduce the number of options. Otherwise, proper AI support will be
> vastly more difficult, as well will proper testing be. I do not want there
> to be a lot of options nobody uses and whose status is "(untested)" for a
> very large number of combinations of options, hiding bugs and
> complicating the code.
>
>   - Per

It is not unreasonable for there to be an options effect and test strategy
document along with results and even code/test plan created as part of the
review proces for this patch. That would both show up any problems and
hopefully make the future maintenance manageable without leaving it all to
the maintainers downstream, i.e. calm the FUD aspects.

Cheers,
RossW
=====