Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7287) Extended Topologies

To: mburda@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7287) Extended Topologies
From: "Marcelo Burda" <NOSPAM_mburda@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 13:14:19 -0800

Le mar 24/02/2004 à 05:06, Jason Short a écrit :

> rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > I actually like the idea of taking any map grid that one can view
> > as having concentric rings (emanating from a pole). If you take two
> > of these and stick them back to back together along the equator you
> > get pretty much the model you describe below. Works for square, hex
> > and many other tile shapes.
>
> No, it doesn't work for hexagons.  It will only work for triangles and
> squares because only these have an even number of tiles meeting at each
> corner.  And for triangles it would really suck.
>
> Consider
>     _______
>    /G     H\
>   /         \
> /L         I\_______
> \           /?     ?\
>   \         /         \
>    \K_____J/?         ?\
>    /A     B\           /
>   /         \         /
> /F         C\?_____?/
> \           /
>   \         /
>    \E_____D/

    _______
   /G     H\d
  /         \
 /L         I\c___
 \           /c
  \         /?
   \K_____J/b
   /A     B\j
  /         \?
 /F         C\i____
 \           /i
  \         /
   \E_____D/h
   /g     h\

after quaring it a litle

e...h
|   |
G...H-d
L...I-c
K...J-b
A...B-j
F...C-i
E...D-h

this is a simplest y wraps and a reversed x wraps.

exact te some wraping as in quincutial on a rec for the canonical map

But you can't tile it on the space with the shape of hex. zones as ??
are viewed in 2 diff way from side I-J and from side C-B

--