Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7378) Vote command for server

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7378) Vote command for server
From: "ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 14:34:49 -0800

On Wed, Feb 04, 2004 at 02:02:34PM -0800, Per I. Mathisen wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > > Once all players have placed their votes or a full turn has passed since
> > > the vote was suggested, whichever comes first, a vote is resolved. The
> > > votes passes only if no player voted against.
> >
> > I think for important votes like endyear a minimum number of active
> > players should be needed to make the vote succesful. When not
> > end-of-turn endyear would be posssible.
>
> I am not sure I understand. Votes are not resolved before a full turn has
> passed, this is plenty of time. Are you concerned players might not
> notice, or that some players might try this every turn (actually, every
> second turn)?

Ok then i misread ...

Turn 23
A: vote bla
Turn 24
B: vote yes
Turn 25 -> execute the vote.

That is bad for votes on timeout, cut or aitoggle.

> In the first case, the client should notify players prominently of
> suggested votes. (I'm considering adding a new packet for information like
> this to avoid having to parse server output on the client end.) In the
> second case... I don't know.
>
> I don't really like the idea of making some votes special.

Yes special cases are a bad idea. But i think votes should be executed
the following way:

more than 50% of the players vote for (no veto)
after the 2 turn rule 1 or 2 players vote for it (no veto)

Thomas
--
Thomas Strub  ***  eMail ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
jb: people are stupid, they don't want to learn.