[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7095) No Capital, and can't build one..

To: admerik@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7095) No Capital, and can't build one..
From: "ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 08:53:27 -0800

On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 07:58:39AM -0800, Remi Bonnet wrote:

> Josh Cogliati wrote:
> >

> >>Also the patch only shows the message in a dialog which is shown very
> >>shortly and be sure overlooked.
> >>

> >I usually read dialog's when I am learning a new program.
> >

> >>One better approach would be to show the general help message in a
> >>tooltip for items in the improvement list. Much more general.
> >>

> >The help text for a improvement is probably too long to be a tool tip,
> >since it would probably cover up half of the dialog.
> >

> >>    Raimar
> >>

> But why should the player be able to sell its palace? I have never seen
> in the history a nation who sold its government building to avoid a
> civil war... it's completely unrealistic. So what about a "NoSold" flag
> for buildings?

Look at the russian history, in times of war they moved the government
out of moskau. That is like selling the palace.

In case of the savepalace option you have a chance that the hole
government can move without a cost.
But when they got caught it is possible that your nation is split.

When moving the palace with a regular method you need a lot of money.
(Moving capital from Bonn to Berlin was really expensive.) (100 shields
is ok i think)

Thomas
--
Thomas Strub  ***  eMail ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
jb: people are stupid, they don't want to learn.