[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6970) Wishlist: tririemes lost near arctic

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6970) Wishlist: tririemes lost near arctic
From: "Marcelo Burda" <mburda@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 15:55:37 -0800

> [jshort@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx - Mar. Jan. 06 22:57:35 2004]:
>
> check TER_POLAR - ...  Of course there is no TER_POLAR.
TER_NO_BARB was originally thincked for poles! the we can change
TER_NO_BARB in TER_POLAR (no a new one)

mmm
no one TER_POLAR is not good realy,
if all TER_POLAR are unsafe we can't set it in all polar terr, tundra
near poles
but only in ARCTIC FAR of GROUND, then i can'use it for stop barbare and
begin POLARS BEARS, this become a TER_UNSAFE

I propose change
1) CHANGE TER_BO_BARB in TER_POLAR
generator) Set if in all arctic near poles and firs lines of tundra,
and in ocean near ARCTIC in polar zones  (defined by map_clima
eventualy,see quincuncial generator patch)

2) CREATE a TER_UNSAFE
generator)SET UNSAFE ALL ARCTIC and OCEAN FAR  of ground( artic are not
ground)

if TER_UNSAFE and TER_POLAR all unit can lost (all naval unit near
poles)

if TER_UNSAFE only TRIREMES can lost

if TER_POLAR
 no barb begin there (but can enter)
 polar Bear begin there (but its never go out of this zone)

> It shouldn't take much work to make such a patch.  Just a few more
lines of code.
;-)