[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Fixing ICS (simply)

To: Freeciv-Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Fixing ICS (simply)
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 10:35:42 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003, Mark Metson wrote:
> If it is true - as I assume it probably is - that ICS is such a killer
> tactic, maybe the IA doesn't actually implement it well? Because I always
> build nice very developed cities, and am able to win againsat 14 or more
> AI civilisations most of the time.

The AI uses ICS but not smallpox. It also uses ICS inefficiently, compared
to the best players out there. I have a patch to improve this that has not
gotten in yet.

Have you tried going to war against 14 AIs in CVS HEAD? Even if you
disable diplomacy for AI, you should have much more trouble with this now
than with 1.14.1.

  - Per