[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7113) some update to a new homepage plan

To: Horn.Gabor@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7113) some update to a new homepage plan
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 02:23:04 -0800

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003, [UTF-8] Horn Gábor wrote:
> Instead of apolyton here're some examples that are closer to what i plan:

The choice of using apolyton vs our own forums is not just technical or
aesthetical, it is also about visibility. Apolyton is a site that is
visited by more people than freeciv.org. On the other hand, they have
popups and advertisements, and we don't have control.

I'd like to discuss this, at least among the maintainers, before you put a
lot of work into this.

  - Per