[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#7119) configure's Checking for GTK fails while it is i

To: cheal@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#7119) configure's Checking for GTK fails while it is installed
From: "Guest" <rt-guest@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 23:04:21 -0800

I used urpmi gtk on Mandrake 9.2 and it resulted in this list of
packages I can install.

gocr-gtk
gtk+2.0
gtk+licq
gtk+licq-base
gtk+licq-nognome
gtk-doc
gtk-engines
gtk-engines2
gtk-themes
gtkam
gtkdialogs
gtkeyboard
gtkgraph
gtkhtml
gtkhtml3.0
gtksourceview
gtktalog
hotplug-gtk
libexif-gtk4
libexif-gtk4-devel
libgtk+-linuxfb-2.0_0
libgtk+-linuxfb-2.0_0-devel
libgtk+-x11-2.0_0
libgtk+1.2
libgtk+1.2-devel
libgtk+2.0_0
libgtk+2.0_0-devel
libgtkglarea2.0
libgtkglarea2.0-devel
libgtkglarea5
libgtkglarea5-devel
libgtkhtml-3.0_2
libgtkhtml-3.0_2-devel
libgtkhtml1.1_3
libgtkhtml1.1_3-devel
libgtkhtml2_0
libgtkhtml2_0-devel
libgtkmm1.2
libgtkmm1.2-devel
libgtkmm1.2-static-devel
libgtkodbcconfig0
libgtksourceview-1.0_0
libgtksourceview-1.0_0-devel
libgtkspell0
libgtkspell0-devel
libgtkxmhtml1
pygtk
pygtk-devel
pygtk-glarea
pygtk-libglade
pygtk2.0
pygtk2.0-devel
pygtk2.0-glarea
pygtk2.0-libglade
pygtk2.0-wrapper
unixODBC-gui-gtk

It seems the one you're talking about, which is not installed, is not
available in these. It would definitely be helpful to me to tell me
how to get this installed.

> [jshort@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx - Sat Dec 20 02:38:04 2003]:
>
> Guest wrote:
>
> > [root@localhost freeciv-1.14.1]#
> >
> > So the mess seems to start with "checking for GTK+ - version >=
2.0.0...
> > no" however rpmdrake shows gtk+2.0-2.2.4-2mdk as installed.
> >
> > I included config.log if you want to try telling me what's wrong.
As I