[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7113) some update to a new homepage plan

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7113) some update to a new homepage plan
From: "Horn Gábor" <Horn.Gabor@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 06:14:29 -0800

Hi!

> I suggest you look at http://www.esreality.com/. It's almost
> completely user-driven, and propably an overkill for Freeciv, but
> it illustrates what a good community center should look like.

Yes i like it too. I wanted to send the link to xsreality too, but seems
they stoped (?), Or they became esreality? Owerall yes, esreality is a
nice  example too. One remark, these pages focuses almost mainly for the
gamers. But i'd like to keep to focus on developers too, and provide
info and tool to help their work. Well, for this i'd need feedback and
ideas that is it ok if we convert the old ocntent (articles like how to
contribute, web cvs frontend, i10n and i18n howto, etc) or are there
more thing they could use?

Eg this came to my mind: on the profile page each dev should be able to
mark which areas of the code he likes to work on. It would be a public
info. If there're some players who have ideas or feedback about that
specific area of the game, they could contact the appropriate developer
and help him w/ ideas, feedback, etc.
Another idea: players should together create a kind of "wishlist". Eg
every registered player should have 5 points every week to destribute
between existing wishes or for create new wishes. This way w/ time there
would be a list which reflects what the players "wishes" the most to be
developed. It might serve as a request list for the devs (who if want,
can use it).

bye, hirisov