[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7113) some update to a new homepage plan

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7113) some update to a new homepage plan
From: "Horn Gábor" <Horn.Gabor@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 06:02:08 -0800

Hi!

> The choice of using apolyton vs our own forums is not just technical or
> aesthetical, it is also about visibility. Apolyton is a site that is
> visited by more people than freeciv.org. On the other hand, they have
> popups and advertisements, and we don't have control.
>
> I'd like to discuss this, at least among the maintainers, before you put a
> lot of work into this.

I agree.  What do you think guys? Should we have our own forum system or
continue
 to link to the Apolyton's? Or create our own and publish it to the apolyton's
freeciv section, that there's a new "official" forum  when it's done? This
way we could continously move people from there to here i think.

bye, hirisov