[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Python?

To: freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Brandon J. Van Every" <vanevery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Python?
From: Arnstein Lindgard <a-l@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 17:24:04 +0100

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 16:53:46 -0800 Brandon J. Van Every wrote:

> > Looks like a tasty piece of bait you have there, Mr. Troll :-D
>
> I have a .sig about that.  Discussion has been intelligent so far, and
> there's no "war" for me here.  Having just done a dog-and-pony show with

> If you were Hitler, would you micromanage your conquest of the world or
> would you delegate authority to capable generals?  Python is potentially
> your "capable general."

Well good answer. I didn't write any AI code myself, and always
believed the main problem to be converting my player skills into
machine logics, regardless of programming language. But I wouldn't
know. You do make a strong case for Python, quite convincing
articles.

> http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20020821/dawson_01.htm
> by Bruce Dawson, formerly of Humongous Entertainment

Quote of the day:
  "...it makes you think about programming differently.
  Learning Python has made me a better C++ programmer."

Arnstein